Hong Kong style braised chicken wings with potatoes is one of my favorite dish (薯仔炆雞翼), but interestingly, the wings are not what I like the most, it’s the potatoes!! The potatoes absorbed all the juices and are braised so well that they are soft, but not to the extend of mashed potatoes. This is a curry version of the similar dish where I used non-spicy curry powder so that kids can enjoy it too!
|Chicken Wings||10 Pieces|
|[MARINATE] Soy Sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|[MARINATE] Dark Soy Sauce||2 Teaspoons|
|[MARINATE] Shaoxing Wine||2 Tablespoons|
|[MARINATE] Sesame Oil||1 Teaspoon|
|[MARINATE] Sugar||½ Teaspoon|
|[MARINATE] Ground White Pepper||¼ Teaspoon|
|Minced Garlic||1 Clove|
|[SAUCE] Coconut Milk||¾ Cup / 200ml|
|[SAUCE] Water||1¼ Cups / 300ml|
|[SAUCE] Non-Spicy Curry Powder||3 Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Salt||½ Teaspoon|
- In a large container, combine the chicken wings with the [MARINATE] ingredients and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes, carrots, and onions into smaller pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pot and pan fry the chicken wings on medium heat until browned. Then set aside.
- Add some more oil in the same pot, briefly pan fry the potatoes, carrots, and onions with the minced garlic on medium heat.
- Add the chicken wings and the [SAUCE] ingredients to the pot, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes on medium-low heat. After that remove the lid, cook for another 5 minutes without the lid on.
- Sprinkle some finely diced scallions on top and serve immediately.