This dish is a favorite among both kids and adults. This recipe utilizes canned tomatoes, which is something that is always available in my pantry. You can use it on so many different kind of dishes, i.e. tomato sauce pasta, Indian curry, etc. On lazy days, I even serve the food in the pan as it is on the dining table!
|INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)|
|Chicken Thigh Meat||2 Pieces (1lb / 450g)|
|[A] Canned Diced Tomatoes||1⅔ Cups / 400ml|
|[A] Water||1⅔ Cups / 400ml|
|[A] Consommé Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|[B] Ketchup||6 Tablespoons|
|[B] Salt||½ Teaspoon|
|Shredded Morzerella Cheese||½ Cup / 100g|
|Fresh Basil Leaves||4 Pieces (for garnish)|
- Cut eggplants into slices and soak them in water for 10 minutes.
- Cut onions into thin slices and cabbage into smaller pieces.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the eggplants and onions on medium heat until onions turned soft and set aside.
- Remove the skin of the chicken thigh meat and cut into smaller bite size pieces. Then season the chicken meat with salt and pepper.
- On the same frying pan, add some oil and cook the chicken meat on medium heat until the surface of the meat color changed.
- Add eggplants, onions, cabbage and [A] ingredients to the pan, cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes under low heat.
- Open the lid, add [B] ingredients and further cook for 5 minutes without the lid.
- Turn off the heat, add the shredded cheese on top and cover with a lid for 2 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- Sprinkle some diced fresh basil leaves on top and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from [here]