My cooking is usually rather Asian oriented and rice is often paired with the dishes. Somedays if you would like to take a break from carbs, here’s a good dish as an alternative!
|Ground Chicken||0.5lb / 250g|
|[SAUCE] Soy Sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Sesame Oil||½ Teaspoon|
|[SAUCE] Sriracha||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Thai Sweet Chili Sauce||1½ Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Sweet Bean Sauce||1½ Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Japanese Grain Vinegar||2 Teaspoons|
|[SAUCE] Minced Garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Minced Ginger||1 Teaspoon|
- In a small bowl, mix [SAUCE] ingredients together and mix well.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the [SAUCE] mixture with the ground meat.
- Finely dice the onion, carrot, mushrooms and scallion.
- Heat some oil in a fry pan on medium heat and cook the ground meat. While cooking, use the edge of the wooden spatula to break up meat to avoid forming into chunks. When the meat is cooked through, remove it from pan to a plate and set aside.
- Add some oil to the same pan and cook the diced onions, carrots, and mushrooms on medium heat until softens.
- Add the meat and rest of the [SAUCE] mixture to the pan, toss well and briefly cook for a few minutes.
- When the liquid reduces, turn off the heat. Sprinkle some diced scallions over and serve with cabbage.
Note: You can replace ground chicken with ground pork and cabbage with lettuce!
Recipe adapted from [Chrissy Teigen’s Cookbook: Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat: A Cookbook]