There are so many types of curry in the world. Even the curry served in local Hong Kong cafes have a unique taste of its own and I truly miss it. This recipe creates a similar taste to the curry served at a Hong Kong chain restaurant called “Tai Hing” (太興). One of their signature dishes is, of course, curry!
|INGREDIENTS (2 SERVINGS)|
|Chicken Thigh Meat||2 Pieces (1lb / 450g)|
|[MARINATE] Chicken Bouillon Powder||1½ Teaspoons|
|[MARINATE] Shaoxing Wine||1 Teaspoon|
|[MARINATE] Ground White Pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|[SAUCE] Spicy Curry Powder||2 Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Canned Coconut Milk||14oz / 400ml|
|[SAUCE] Chicken Broth||1⅔ Cups / 400ml|
|[SAUCE] Salt||1 Teaspoon|
- Remove the skin of the chicken thigh meat and cut into smaller bite size pieces.
- In a container, combine all [MARINATE] ingredients with the chicken meat and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Peel and cut the carrot and potatoes into smaller pieces. Cut the onion, ginger and garlic into slices.
- Heat some oil in a pot on medium heat and cook the ginger and garlic briefly.
- Add onions until they turn translucent, then add the chicken meat into the pot.
- When the chicken meat is browned, add potatoes and carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add [SAUCE] ingredients. When it comes to a boil, turn to low heat and cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.