One pot anything is always something that I am very willing to explore as a busy mom! Here’s one of my favorites! Do you know? You can easily make taco seasoning by combining commonly used spices by yourself instead of buying store bought readymade blends! This recipe is a great protein-filled alternative to the usual mac and cheese and kids still love it!
|INGREDIENTS (4 SErVINGS)|
|Shell Pasta||3.5oz / 100g|
|Ground Pork||0.7lb / 300g|
|[A] Yellow Onion||½|
|[A] Red Pepper||1|
|[A] Grated Garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|[A] Garlic Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|[A] Ground Cumin||½ Teaspoon|
|[A] Ground Paprika||½ Teaspoon|
|[A] Dried Oregano||½ Teaspoon|
|[A] Salt||½ Teaspoon|
|[A] Chili Powder||¼ Teaspoon|
|[B] Canned Diced Tomato||5oz / 150g|
|[B] Canned Red Beans||4oz / 110g|
|[B] Tomato Sauce||½ Cup / 120ml|
|[B] Chicken Broth||¾ Cup / 200ml|
|[B] Water||½ Cup / 125ml|
|Shredded Cheddar Cheese||¼ Cup / 50g|
|Fresh Cilantro (leaves only)||1 Strand|
- Cook the shell pasta in a pot of hot boiling salted water.
- Heat some oil in a dutch oven (or pot) and cook the ground meat under medium heat until browned. While cooking, use the edge of the wooden spoon to break up the meat in order to avoid from forming into meat chunks.
- Finely dice the onion and red pepper.
- Add [A] ingredients into the pot, stir well and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add [B] ingredients into the pot and mix well. When it comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the lid, add the cooked shell pasta into the pot and further cook for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the shredded cheese on the top and cover the lid for about 2 minutes to melt the cheese inside.
- Sprinkle some diced scallion and cilantro leaves and serve immediately.