A jar of pesto sauce is something that I always have in my pantry. It helped so many of my busy days where I can simply mix spaghetti or penne pasta with pesto! This recipe here is a delicious alternative to pesto pasta! Or, if you have a little pesto left in the jar and you don’t want to waste it, this is also a great option!
|INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)|
|Pasta (I usually use spaghetti no. 5)||4 Servings|
|Shrimps||10oz / 300g|
|Butter||2 Tablespoons / 25g|
|[A] Heavy Cream||1 Cup / 250ml|
|[A] Chicken Broth||½ Cup / 100ml|
|[B] Lemon Juice||1 Tablespoon|
|[B] Garlic Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|[B] Salt||⅓ Teaspoon|
|Shredded Cheese (Mozzarella / Parmesan)||¼ Cup / 50g|
- Boil pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. (When pasta is cooked, do not fully drain the pasta. Save some of the pasta water for possible later usage.)
- Remove heads and shells of shrimps.
- Heat butter in a pan and cook the shrimps under medium heat until golden brown, then set aside.
- Pour pesto in the same pan and briefly cook for 30 seconds under medium-low heat.
- Add [A] ingredients to the pan.
- When the sauce boils, add [B] ingredients to the pan, turn to low heat and cook until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add the cooked pasta, shrimps and shredded cheese to the pan and mix well. (If the pasta is too dry, add some pasta water).
- Sprinkle some coarse black pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from [DariusCooks]