My family and I love Thai food. Thai food does not always equates curry, this dish “Pad Kra Pao Moo) is a very common dish in Thailand too. It is so simple to cook that I always make for lunches. I personally like to pair with steamed rice while my hubby, who does not prefer to have too much carbs, likes to wrap with lettuce. But the absolute ingredient that must be paired with this dish is sunny-side-up eggs or over-easy eggs!
|INGREDIENTS (2 Servings)|
|Ground Pork||0.5lb / 250g|
|Grated Garlic||2 Teaspoons|
|Diced Dried Chilli (optional)||1 Teaspoon|
|[SAUCE] Soy Sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|[SAUCE] Dark Soy Sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|[SAUCE] Fish Sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Oyster Sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|[SAUCE] Sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh Basil||10 Pieces|
- Finely dice the onions.
- Heat some oil (I recommend coconut oil) in a frying pan on medium heat, cook the grated garlic and onions until soft.
- Add the ground pork to the pan to cook. While cooking, use the edge of the wooden spatula to break up meat to avoid forming into chunks.
- When the meat is cooked through, add the diced dried chili and [SAUCE] ingredients and mix well so that the meat is all covered with the sauce.
- Turn off the heat, add in the fresh basil and toss well. Set aside the meat on a serving plates.
- In the same pan, add some oil and cook two sunny side up (or over-easy) eggs. Place eggs on top of the meat and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from [here]