Tomato Egg Stir-Fry (港式番茄蛋) is definitely one of the top most cooked home-cooked dishes in Hong Kong families. I doubt many Hong Kong families need this recipe. But if you are unfamiliar with Hong Kong cuisine, I urge you to try it! It’s a great dish! Ingredients are very simple and inexpensive. Kids love it, adults love it too!
|[SAUCE] Ketchup||2 Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Soy Sauce||½ Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Salt||1 Teaspoon|
- Cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces and cut the onion into thin slices.
- Whisk the eggs. Then heat some oil in a frying pan on medium-low heat and cook the egg batter like scrambled eggs until around 70% cooked. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat some oil in the same frying pan and cook the onions on medium heat until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of water into the pan and stir fry.
- When the tomatoes turn soft, pour [SAUCE] mixture into the pan and mix well.
- Return the eggs back to the pan, quickly stir fry for a bit more and serve immediately.