On busy or tired days, I’ve always wanted to pour all meat and vegetables in one baking sheet and throw them in the oven for dinner! This recipe is a great option! In Japan, this dish is called “GyuGyu Yaki” (ぎゅうぎゅう焼き), meaning that the vegetables and meat are tightly packed in the sheet pan!
My husband especially like this because not much seasoning (in fact, only salt and pepper!) is used so you can truly taste the freshness of the vegetables! The vegetables listed in the recipe are my recommended ones, but you can actually pick any seasonal vegetables as per your preference! I usually pair this dish with a little bit of steamed rice for the kids. Alternatively, you can also replace with potatoes, just throw them in the pan as well when roasting!
|Chicken Thigh Meat||2 Pieces (1lb / 450g)|
|Eryngii (King Oyster) Mushrooms||3|
|Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin)||¼|
|Fresh Rosemary||2 Sprigs|
|[MARINATE] Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|[MARINATE] Salt||½ Teaspoon|
|[MARINATE] Pepper||A dash|
- Preheat oven at 370F/190C.
- Cut chicken thigh meat into bite-size pieces (you may also de-skin the chicken). Then in a medium mixing bowl, marinate chicken with [MARINATE] ingredients, toss well and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut onion, broccoli, mushrooms, and pumpkin into smaller pieces.
- Place all vegetables, sausages, and chicken, and top with rosemary sprigs onto the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and salt generously and sprinkle some black pepper over the food.
- Place baking sheet into the oven and roast at 370F/190C for 25 minutes.