Japanese daikon is one of the foods that I most used when it comes to Japanese home-cooking. When I have to make a veggies dish and there is no green vegetables in the fridge, this daikon salad is always the first thing that comes to mind!
|Daikon||About 3 inches / 8cm long|
|[SAUCE] Soy Sauce||1½ Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Roasted Sesame Oil||1½ Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Japanese Grain Vinegar||2 Teaspoons|
|[SAUCE] Sugar||½ Teaspoon|
|[SAUCE] White Sesame Seeds||1½ Teaspoons|
|(Optional) Bonito Flakes (Katsuobushi)||A Sprinkle|
|(Optional) Shredded Dried Nori Seaweed||A Sprinkle|
- Thinly slice about 3inches/8cm worth of daikon.
- Soak the sliced daikon in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and slightly pat dry the daikon with kitchen paper.
- Combine the [SAUCE] ingredients and toss well with the daikon.
- Right before serving, you may also sprinkle some bonito flakes and shredded dried nori seaweed on top!
Recipe adapted from [here]