There is a fried chicken chain store in Tokyo which chicken wings are my personal favorite! This recipe is a pretty close replication of it, so I can enjoy these very similar wings comfortably at home with my kids!
|Chicken Wings||10 Pieces|
|[MARINATE] Soy Sauce||2 Teaspoons|
|[MARINATE] Cooking Rice Wine||2 Teaspoons|
|[MARINATE] Grated Garlic||½ Teaspoon|
|All Purpose Flour||2 Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Soy Sauce||2 Tablespoons|
|[SAUCE] Cooking Rice Wine||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Mirin||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|[SAUCE] White Sesame Seeds||1 Tablespoon|
- Mix [MARINATE] ingredients in a container.
- Add the chicken wings, mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and flour, then coat the chicken wings with the mixture.
- Place chicken wings into the Air Fryer, lightly spray the wings with a layer of oil, and cook at 380F/200C for around 20 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked through.
- When the chicken wings are done, pour [SAUCE] mixture into a frying pan and cook under medium-low heat. When it began to sizzle, add the chicken wings into the pan. Stir for a brief few minutes so the wings are covered with the sauce and serve immediately.
NOTE: Take out the Air Fryer basket from time to time to check the cooking status of the wings and give it a shake to cook the wings more even.